When animals appear in a dream they tend to represent an aspect of the personality that cannot be properly understood except on an instinctive level. Below are some common images that occur in dreams.
Dream Interpretation Related Posts:
- Animals Animal dreams can have several different meanings, depending on the specifics of your dream: Wild animals, especially if threatening, mean you feel out of control in a situation.If you tame a wild animal in a dream, you achieve success through expressing yourself honestly.If you are attacked by a vicious animal…
- Animals Freud and others attach sexual significance to dreams of animals; dream interpreters, however, regard the dream of a number of domestic animals as auguring happiness, while wild animals symbolize enemies.
- Animals (See Sound of animals)
- Animals By understanding animals and their symbolism we approach life in a more simplistic and natural way.In shamanism, one of the most ancient belief systems, animals are an intrinsic part of the shaman’s (wise man or priest) journey into other realms.They are protective as well as being teachers. Godlike, talking, awe-inspiring…
- Wild Animals Usually wild animals stand for danger, dangerous passions or dangerous people.There is a destructive force arising from the unconscious, threatening our safety.Such a dream may be a way of helping us understand and highlight particular anxieties. Dreaming of domesticating wild animals shows that we may have come to terms with…
- Trapped By Animals To dream of trying to find some refuge from animals, whether by building defences or perhaps by running away, is indicative of our struggle with our animal instincts and whether the action being taken is adequate.Such instincts may be threatening or damaging to aspects of our life.
- Transformation Of Animals In dreams, the metamorphosis of the dreamer or other people into animals and vice versa shows the potential for change within any situation. Coincidentally, magical techniques allow ‘shape-shifting’, permitting magicians and shamans to adopt animal form, and dreams give us an understanding of that process.
- Sound of animals In a dream, the sound of a crowd means money beside other benefits.The bleating of sheep in a dream means distress and fear.The neigh of horses in a dream means might and honor.The barking of a dog in a dream meansvain talk and meddling in others’ business.The sound of a…
- Sinister Animals To find any animal threatening in a dream indicates the fears and doubts we have over our ability to cope with the stirrings of the unconscious.Such dreams are relatively common when starting out on personal spiritual development.
- Parts Of Animals (The limbs, eyes, mouth, etc) these all have the same significance as parts of the human body.If the four legs are particularly emphasized – possibly in contrast with a three-legged animal – the whole rounded personality with all four functions of the mind fully developed is being highlighted. You may…
- Helpful Animals The figures of animals are an easy way for us to accept the help the subconscious and spiritual realms can offer. Your totem animal is traditionally your ‘guide’ through the unconscious realms.
- Deformed Animals The dreamer realizes that some of his impulses are out of kilter.
- Composite Animals To dream of composite animals could indicate some confusion in sorting out what qualities we need to use in waking life.The qualities of the various animals need to be assimilated and integrated in order to progress; there are two potentials of further development.If a half-animal, half-human is seen it shows…
- Baby Animals The childlike side of our personality, or possibly children known to us, can give us information about innocence and naivety.
- Domesticated (Tame) Animals When we dream of domesticated animals we are aware of those parts of ourselves with which we have already come to terms.There are passions which are being used in a controlled way, although there is the suggestion that those passions were never very formidable.
- Wounded And / Or Trapped Animals This suggests that we have been wounded, either emotionally or spiritually, or perhaps that our natural instincts are not being allowed free expression and are, therefore, not functioning properly.
- Animals, interpretation of dreams This dream dictionary about animals. Interpretation of dreams contains over 732 list entries. Animals, interpretation of dreams
- Hurt Young Animals We are perceiving a difficulty in behaving maturely or confronting issues in waking life.