It can be important in a dream about a knife to notice what type is being used.
For instance, a table knife would be interpreted very differently to a swiss army knife. Both are functional, but the former would only be appropriate under certain circumstances, whereas the latter might have a more universal application.
To dream that we are carrying a knife signifies anger, aggression and / or separation. We may be attempting to cut ties or feel that we need protection.
Dream Interpretation Related Posts:
- Butcher’s knife (See Cleaver)
- Draw-knife To see or use a draw-knife, portends unfulfiled hopes or desires.Some fair prospect will loom before you, only to go down in mistake and disappointment.
- Knife If you dream about a knife, you may be worried about a male person in your life.This dream can also mean you can solve your problems by being honest with others about your fears and anxieties.
- Knife To dream of a knife is bad for the dreamer, as it portends separation and quarrels, and losses in affairs of a business character.To see rusty knives, means dissatisfaction, and complaints of those in the home, and separation of lovers.Sharp knives and highly polished, denotes worry. Foes are ever surrounding…
- Knife A knife is a symbol of division.There may be something in life that needs to be cut out and got rid of.Alternatively, the knife may be representative of the need to view something from a dual perspective – the spiritual and the physical.
- Knife If we are using a knife we may either be freeing ourselves from restrictions or trying to sever a relationship.If we are being attacked with a knife, it indicates either violent words or actions may be used against us.If we are aware that the knife is blunt, the words may…
- Knife In a woman’s dream the symbol of a knife is probably more to do with her own fear of penetration and violation, whereas in a man’s dream it is highlighting his own aggression.
- Knife (Dagger; Kitchen knife) In a dream, a knife represents the servant of the house or its sire who strives to serve and benefit his family and friends.Its sharpness represents the effectiveness of his commands, the force by which they are carried, or one’s magnanimity and distinct personality.If a woman sees…
- Knife A Freudian symbol for sexual passion.See GUN. A knife being used to sever anything in two implies the impending end of a relationship of any kind - business, friendship, love. A rusty or dull knife implies the dreamer’s lack of ability to sever a relationship that is not serving her.…
- Knife (China, interpretation of dreams) You cut yourself with a knife: you’ll triumph, eventually You drop a knife on the floor: you’ll lose money down the drain You watch fireworks: your worry disperses
- Knife Grinder To dream of a knife grinder, foretells unwarrantable liberties will be taken with your possessions.For a woman, this omens unhappy unions and much drudgery.
- Knife handle (Haft; Saber guard; Sword hilt) Seeing a knife handle or a sword haft in a dream means that one still has a property or a minimum amount ofproperty, including but not limited to livestock, gold, silver, or cash savings that is subject to the obligatory (Zakiit) alms tax.
- Knife sharpener A knife sharpener in a dream represents someone who teaches people skills, sagacity and adroitness.A knife sharpener in a dream also represents sobriety, a dignified bearing of adversities, or he could represent a vile person, a trouble maker, or a decisive person.
- Weapon (see Gun, Knife) Using a weapon of any kind in a competent and confident manner implies aggressiveness in pursuing one’s goals. Using a weapon clumsily is a sign that the dreamer doubts his ability to attain his goals. Being threatened by a weapon hints that the dreamer feels that everyone is against him.…